March 01, 2013

Lego case for my Raspberry Pi


Versión del blog en Español aquí.

I won a Raspberry Pi at the competition. I needed a case and since the student's life is really poor, I used my old Lego pieces to make one. I apologize in advance for the poor quality of my pictures but the camera in my cellphone is really bad.
You can see in the picture above that the place where the Raspberry Pi stands has small pieces. This is so the circuits don't touch the bottom. When I was assembling the structure, I thought I was going to have to use a tool to modify some pieces for the board to fit inside, but it turned out the Lego pieces had the precise size and everything fits perfectly.
For the cover I used other pieces so they hold the Raspberry Pi still once everything is in place. The next couple of pictures show the case finished. 
The following picture shows the Ethernet and USB connections. 
HDMI connector.
And the SD memory card and the hole for the power supply pin.
The other connections are covered by the pieces, but if I ever need to use them, I just have to remove some of the pieces and open a hole. Really easy.

As it can be seen, all the pieces have a weird discoloration. This is because they're really old, but I couldn't be happier with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment